Every time we see a celebrity with shiny long hair, bouncing with health, we tend to turn green with envy! Or we shrug it off, telling ourselves that ‘they’ got those beautiful locks, thanks to photoshop. But the fact is, all those women work for their hair. They take care and pamper their hair—and the results are out there for everyone to see.
Granted, in today’s fast paced world, spending hours in a salon is a little impractical. But if you want hair that shines with health, you’ll need to pamper it—not just externally but from the inside too! Your diet needs to consist of nutrients that will help your hair grow healthy. There are thousands of people suffering from hair loss, baldness, and improper hair growth. The only solution to combat this problem is a proper diet with high proteins and nutrients.
Healthy Diet Chart for Hair Growth:
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Total Fat||49.67 g||166%|
|Dietary Fiber||11.8 g||31%|
|Pantothenic acid||0.050 mg||1%|
|Vitamin A||9 IU||<1%|
|Vitamin E||0.25 mg||2%|
High protein and healthy foods that can aid hair growth are:
1. Egg Yolk: You may have heard that applying egg white to your hair makes it healthy but are you aware of the fact that egg yolk has more benefits? Well, yolk is the key substance that promotes hair growth as it contains biotin. Adding yolk to your diet enables your body to receive a good and a natural source of biotin.
Note: It’s dangerous to consume the egg white separately as it reduces the absorption of biotin.
2. Oyster: Oyster, a good source of protein and zinc, can prevent hair loss and promote hair growth. Adding oyster to your diet can always be optional as it’s hard to find them in usual markets. But if you are dining out, do try this sea food and get beautiful hair as a bonus!
3. Walnut: Walnut contain nutrients like omega fatty acid, iron, vitamin B and zinc, which can enhance hair growth. Walnuts can be consumed every day in the morning on an empty stomach or during breakfast to promote hair growth.
4. Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain nutrients like beta carotene, vitamin-A and Vitamin C that promotes hair growth.
5. Salmon: Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid that your body needs to produce hair cells. Salmon is a natural and tasty source of omega 3 fatty acids.
Tips for Natural Hair Growth:
It’s has been really hard for people to grow their hair naturally, and so they undergo various treatments to enhance hair growth. But natural hair growth can be easily stimulated with a proper protein diet. Here are few things that you need to know to stimulate natural hair growth:
1. Consume Iron Rich Foods:
Iron is the most essential nutrient that enhances hair growth. Every human needs 15 to 18 mg of iron on a daily basis. Consuming too much iron can be a bad thing and may cause side effects. The healthy way to consume iron is through natural foods rather than tablets. Few iron rich foods are spinach, chicken liver, beans, turkey, broccoli stalk, etc.
2. Add Healthy Fatty Acids to Your Diet:
Fatty acids are one of the most important nutrients that help hair growth; this includes omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that are found in salmon, walnut, soybeans, shrimp, cauliflower, basil, green beans, spirulina, sunflower seed oil, etc
3. Increase Natural Biotin:
Biotin is otherwise known as vitamin H or vitamin B-7 and is an essential nutrient for hair growth. It is necessary to add biotin to your daily diet after the age of 18. Tuna, turkey, egg yolk, etc are good source of biotin, consuming these biotin rich foods can aid hair growth.
4. Help Your Body Produce Natural Keratin:
Hair is made up of cells called keratin. Enhancing the growth of these cells keeps your hair naturally healthy, which in turn helps your hair grow long and strong. A protein rich meal is a healthy, natural source of keratin. Apart from protein, vitamin C from spices and veggies can help the production of keratin too.
5. Consume Foods Rich In Vitamin C:
Vitamin C is rich in antioxidants and reduces free radicals. Including vitamin C rich foods in your diet can promote healthy, breakage free hair.
6. Boost up Minerals Like Zinc and Silica:
Zinc and silica are one of the nutrients essential for hair growth. Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and egg, bell pepper, cucumber are rich in zinc and silica.
Consuming a healthy diet with these tips in mind can help you grow hair naturally without medication or parlor treatment. Here is a simple healthy diet that you can follow at home for natural hair growth.
Cucumber Carrot Juice Recipe:
- ½ cucumber
- 2 small end trimmed carrots
Combine both and extract the juice with the juicer. Drinking this on an empty stomach can promote hair growth as it contains all the essential nutrients like silica, vitamins, fiber, potassium etc.
The diet varies every 2 to 3 days to give a variation in the nutrients consumed and prevent over dosage. The total amount of nutrients consumed per week includes all the necessary ones needed for hair growth.
NOTE: Egg can also be consumed once in two days instead of everyday.
There are other external factors like stress and pollution that lags hair growth. Here is a small tip that can help you.
An Oil Treatment Once a Week:
- Olive oil
- Coconut oil
- Castor oil
- Ratio to be added : 2(coconut oil): 1(olive oil): 1 (castor oil)
- The quantity to be used depends on your hair length.
Mix these three oils in the above mentioned proportion.
Heat it until it’s warm and apply it on the scalp and roots of your hair.
Massage well and leave it for an hour, later wash your hair with a mild shampoo. This oil treatment can enhance your hair growth that would be clearly visible with regular usage.
With these tips, you are sure to flaunt long, silky, healthy hair and be the object of envy! All you need is the resolve to eat healthy and follow a basic hair care routine.
Hope this article was helpful; do leave your comments below.