Do you often struggle to resist the temptation of unhealthy snacks like soft drinks, junk foods and candies despite knowing their ill effects? Well, we agree that healthy snacking is not as easy as it sounds. You can check out the following nutritious and healthy snacking ideas to satisfy your evening food cravings. Remember, preparing snacks with the right ratio of nutrients and calories can help the body operate at maximum efficiency. A nutritious snack fuels the growth of lean mass and boosts the metabolic rate, aiding in weight management.
21 Snacks for Health and Nutrition:
Apples make for a healthy and nutritious snack. The nutrients present in apple help to sustain energy and hunger for a couple of hours. You can also pair apple with milk for a more satisfying and filling snack. Also check out the health benefits of apples (hair and skin).
Below are 10 apple healthy snacks ideas:
- Toasted Whole Grain Apple Cheddar Panini
- Ham-and-Apple Wraps with Dip
- Apple Sandwiches
- Chopped Apple Salad
- Peanut Butter Apple Dip
- Apple Peanut Butter Snack Bars
- Apple Walnut Gorgonzola Turnovers
- Baked Apples
- Caramel Apple Grilled Cheese
- Chopped Apple Cake
Would you like know the complete process of recipes, here you go yummly.com
An orange a day will keep your hunger pangs away. At just 80 calories, oranges make a perfect, healthy snack. It contains pectin, a dietary fiber that helps to maintain one’s appetite. It also contains natural sugar called sucrose that helps to satisfy your sugar cravings. Check out this to get complete idea of oranges benefits (hair and skin).
Below are 10 healthy oranges snacks ideas:
- Quinoa Salad with Oranges, Beets & Pomegranate
- Carrot-Orange Juice
- Orange, Watercress & Tuna Salad
- Chicken with Honey-Orange Sauce
- Cranberry-Orange-Nut Cookies
- Jumbo Prawns & Balsamic-Orange Onions
- Orange-Scented Green Beans with Toasted Almonds
- Romaine Salad with Orange, Feta & Beans
- Orange-Date Pumpkin Muffins
- Strawberry-Orange Muffins
Check out the complete making process of recipes at eatingwell.com
Avocado is another nutritious and filling snack. Remove the seed from the avocado and fill it with cottage cheese. This snack will satisfy your craving for rich and creamy foods. Check out the list of amazing benefits with avocado.
Below are 10 healthy avocado snacks ideas:
- Lemon Tuna Avocado Snack
- Sweet Avocado Ice Pops
- Crab Avocado Quesadillas
- Avocado BLT’s with Spicy Mayo and Fried Eggs
- Tomato-Avocado Toasts
- Eggs Baked in Avocado
- Crabby Snacks w/ Avocado & Bacon
- Creamy Avocado Pesto Gnocchi with Green Garlic
- Bacon, Avocado, and Sun-Dried Tomato Sandwich
- Chilled Avocado Soup
Smoothies are delicious and full of nutrients, making it a healthy choice for snacking. Mix tropical fruits like kiwi, berries, banana and mango with yoghurt and milk, and serve cold. This high fiber drink will refresh and keep you energized throughout the day.
Below are 10 healthy smoothies’ snacks ideas:
- Banilla Shake Recipe
- Blueberry-Orange Whirl Recipe
- Very Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Raspberry-Avocado Smoothie
- Green Smoothie
- Banana Spice Smoothie
- Pomegranate Berry Smoothie
- Clean Breeze Smoothie
- Tofu Tropic Smoothie
- Creamsicle Breakfast Smoothie
A cup of boiled soybeans or edamame makes for a satisfying evening snack. Serve it hot or cold, seasoned with salt and pepper. This folate rich food also helps to manage mood swings.
Below are 10 healthy edamame snacks ideas –
- Edamame Dip
- Edamame Hummus Wrap
- Roasted Edamame
- Edamame Avocado Salad Sandwich
- Wasabi Edamame
- Edamame Dip
- Edamame Succotash
- Soba Noodle & Edamame Salad With Grilled Tofu
- Edamame Succotash
- Chipotle-Garlic Edamame
Complete recipes process at yummly
6. Chicken Sandwich:
Chicken sandwich is one of the healthiest and most balanced snacks. Chicken contains high levels of protein while bread provides fiber, which keeps you satiated for a longer time.
7. Whole Grain Bread with Peanut Butter:
This snack will not only prepare the body to burn fat, but will also keep the energy levels high. Peanut butter is rich in serotonin, a hormone that produces ‘feel good’ chemicals in the brain.
A protein-rich snack will help you curb hunger while keeping the daily calories in check. Plain yoghurt is better than flavored ones because the latter contains sugar syrup in the name of added fruits. Top it with nuts and berries for a filling snack.
Below are 10 healthy yogurt snacks ideas:
- Chocolate Yogurt Snack Cakes
- Lemon-Yogurt Snack Cake
- Melon-Yogurt Snack
- Greek Yogurt, Chocolate, Walnut, and Wild Blueberry Parfaits
- Fruit and Yogurt Treats
- Chicken Salad with Tahini-Yogurt Dressing
- Yogurt Parfait
- Honey-Yogurt Dip with Fresh Fruit
- Lemon Yogurt Muffins
- Raspberry Yogurt Cheese with Gingersnaps
Check out the complete process or recipes at Yummly.
9. Kale Chips:
Swap the regular potato chips with kale chips for a nutritious and healthy snack. Kale chips are extremely easy to make. Toss a few leaves of kale in olive oil and bake them in the oven until they turn crispy. This method retains all the nutrients of kale, while being extremely low in calories. Eating kale chips also helps with weight management.
Below are 10 healthy kale chips snacks ideas:
- Baked Kale Chips
- Roasted Kale Chips with Sea Salt and Vinegar
- Kale Chips with Honey
- Chipotle Kale Chips
- Cheesy Kale Chips
- Chili-Sauce Kale Chips
- Crispy Tamari Kale Chips
- Kale Chips with Lemon and Ginger from ‘Salty Snacks’
- Lemon Kale Chips
- Sesame Salt Kale Chips
Complete making process of above recipes at Yummly.
Salads are not just for mealtime. It can make a delicious evening snack as well. Eat a bowl of chicken, green or fruit salad to enhance the nutrient levels in the body.
Below are 10 healthy salads snacks ideas:
- Southern Cobb Salad Recipe
- Edamame Chickpea Power Salad with Avocado-Lime Dressing
- BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad Recipe
- Roasted Delicata Squash, Pomegranate and Arugula Salad Recipe
- Steak Salad with Mint-Scallion Dressing
- Black Bean, Corn, and Avocado Salad Recipe
- Fattoush Salad with Za’atar
- BLT Panzanella Salad Recipe
- Kale, Clementine, and Feta Salad with Honey-Lime Dressing
- Marinated Zucchini and Chickpea Salad Recipe
Complete process of Salads recipes at Yummly.
11. Granola Bar:
Granola bar is a healthy bar containing natural ingredients like almonds, cranberries, cashews, dates and oats. These bars are low in calories and rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. You can carry these sweet and healthy treats in your bag for on-the-go snacking. Look for bars that contain less than 200 calories.
12. Asparagus with Boiled Egg:
Asparagus with boiled eggs makes a classic combo. The high fiber content in asparagus balances the natural protein present in egg. Asparagus also contains high levels of B complex vitamins, copper, phosphorus and folate.
13. Green Tea:
This calorie-free drink is one of the most nutritious beverages in the world. It contains epigallocatechin, a powerful antioxidant that helps to prevent cancer and several other diseases. Research has shown that green tea can also help dieters with weight loss. Here is the ultimate guide of green tea.
14. Roasted Almonds:
Roasted almond is a nutrient-rich and calorie-dense snack. Roasting the almonds enhances their natural flavor, making them more appetizing. The high dose of antioxidants aids in digestion, while the monounsaturated fat in it combats bad cholesterol.
Below are 10 roasted almonds snacks ideas –
- Italian-Roasted Almonds
- Rosemary Roasted Almonds
- Spicy Roasted Almonds, Pecans, &Walnuts
- Quick, Easy, Non-Greasy Spiced Roasted Almonds
- Roasted Almond and Date Spread
- Heirloom Tomato Salad
- CrockPot Roasted & Spiced Nuts
- No-Bake Granola Bars
- Sweet & Spicy Roasted Nuts
- Dark Chocolate Bark with Roasted Almonds and Seeds
Check rd for list of ingredients and making process of almond snacks.
Popcorn is excellent for evening snacking. Popcorn contains high levels of polyphenols, a type of chemical found in plant foods. Polyphenols help to neutralize the free radicals found in the body, preventing premature ageing.
Banana is a perfect on-the-go snack. It is nutritionally rich, filling and a powerhouse of energy. Fiber in banana improves digestion and prevents you from binging on fats and sugary foods. Here you can check 25 unique benefits of bananas.
Below are 10 healthy bananas snacks ideas:
- Banana Tortilla Snacks
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Bananas Foster French Toast
- Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Banana Bread Snack Cake
- Easy Banana Milkshake
- Chocolate-Banana Smoothie
- Healthy Banana Oat Snack Bars
- Chocolate Dipped Frozen Bananas
- Healthy Banana Bran Muffins
All the bananas recipes complete process at Yummly.
17. Hummus with Carrots:
Hummus is a very popular Middle Eastern dip made with chickpeas and tahini. Hummus comes packed with protein that helps to combat fatigue. This dip goes well with carrots. You can also add soybeans and black eyed peas for a nutritional boost. It is rich in fiber that helps to lower cholesterol, preventing heart diseases.
You can eat oatmeal as a filling evening snack as well. There are several varieties of instant oatmeal available in the market. You can also choose plain oatmeal and add flavorings of your choice.
Below are 10 healthy oatmeal snacks ideas:
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- No-Bake Oatmeal Raisin Bars
- Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- Raspberry Oatmeal Bars
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- No-Bake Oatmeal-Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
- Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
- Oatmeal Pancakes
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
Check out the complete process of recipes at Yummly.
19. Carrot and Flaxseed Muffin:
Muffin is filling, nutritious and a healthy snacking option. Carrots present in these muffins provide high levels of beta-carotene while flaxseeds offer high levels of fiber.
20. Cucumber-feta Bites:
Cucumber is an excellent alternative to junk foods for your snack time. Slice the cucumber and top it with feta cheese and walnuts for a protein-rich snack.
21. Egg Whites on Whole Wheat Toast:
Egg whites on whole wheat toast will give an energy boost to carry out your day-to-day activities. The protein and carbohydrate duo contribute to muscle mass, while preventing fat storage. It also helps to manage weight. Hope you are now ready to binge on these nutritious and filling snacks! Cut out on unhealthy snacking from today and satisfy your taste buds with these snack options to maintain your health and fitness.
Images – ShutterStock